Dear Sake Japan Members,
Thank you very much for your quick response for upcoming sake tasting event KIKIZAKE VOL.9.
The event was sold out in 10 hours after the announcement.. a good surprise!
Here is the line up for 6 sake we are going to taste this time. there are a few international award winning bottles are included!
1. Yukinobosha Junmai Ginjo (Akita / Serve Chilled) - Just a few days ago, this sake has won the Gold Medal at the world famous International Wine Challenge in London, UK. Beautiful aroma & fruity flavour.
2. Yukinobosha Yamahai Honjozo (Akita / Serve Room Temperature) - Same brewery with #1. Different grade & brewing method. Great to drink it at Room Temperature.
3. Kasumitsuru Kimoto Karakuchi (Hyogo / Serve Room Temperature) - Last year 2011's The Trophy winner of Kimoto/Yamahai category at International Sake Challenge in Tokyo, Japan. Full flaboured sake with a fair amount of acid & nice dry finish.
4. Rihaku Tokubetsu Junmai (Shimane / Serve Warm) - Toshi's favorite WARM sake.served around 45 C.
5. Ranman Kimoto Tokujo (Akita / Serve Hot) - Toshi's favorite HOT sake. served around 55 C.
6. Kaido Imo Shochu (Kagoshima / Serve on Ice) - Japanese traditional distilled spirit made from sweet potato & deep ocan water.
Ok, will see you next sunday!